Improving Teaching and Learning
The Center for Educational Improvement (CEI) offers professional development, training, and consulting services to principals, teachers, leadership teams, and districts. By sharing evidence-based 21st century innovations in learning, we help you raise student performance in culturally sensitive and uplifting ways.
CEI will customize our services to your needs. We can deliver them in-person on-site, remotely via the web, or in blended formats (combining in person and virtual)’” including our Wow!™ approach.
Range of Services
The range of professional development services we offer includes:
- Mentoring and coaching principals in innovations to become transformational leaders who support continuous improvement, build staff capacity and morale, and embrace data-driven decision-making. We are particularly focused on a collaboration with NAESP to develop principal mentoring for instructional leadership.
- Closing the gap between what is known about student achievement and what is practiced in schools’”particularly in the areas of Heart Centered Learning™ (our signature approach to social emotional learning/mindfulness focusing on compassion, courage, confidence, consciousness, and community); rigor in the classroom; neuroscience; and science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
- Building conscious school communities through visioning and facilitating communication, leadership, and heart centered activities. CEI embraces cultural diversity in all aspects of our service delivery.
- Designing protocol, curriculum, and instructional strategies harnessing data to personalize instruction in mixed-ability classrooms and increase student engagement and self-determination. Our approach is inclusive. We help you personalize, differentiate, and scaffold instruction to meet the unique needs of students who are English language learners, have been diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder or other disabilities, or have specific gifts and talents.
- Unleashing every school’s potential to be a great school‘”building on the strengths and interests of the schools while introducing innovations and improving practices.
CEI’s team offers cutting-edge, practical, hands-on workshops to lead your school or district to excellence, such as our Mindfulness, STEM, and Rigor Workshops. We also offer training modules customized to meet your individual school or district’s needs. Our training modules can be delivered in one- to three-hour sessions or combined into multi-day workshops. Please contact Dr. Christine Mason at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on pricing and/or bringing CEI’s professional development services to your school, district, or conference. To design a customized approach for your school, district, or conference, we offer two hours of free consultation.