By Christine Mason
From October 2017- April 2018, CEI conducted a validation study of our School – Compassionate Culture Analytic Tool for Educators (S-CCATE). During that time over 800 teachers from 25 states, the District of Columbia, and six countries responded to our online survey.
In January 2018, we announced 11 award winners; our March 23, we announced an additional three winners.
We have just selected the final 7 award winners. The final grand prize winner is: Cody Scanlon, a third grade teacher at Lakeview Elementary School, in Negaunee, MI. Cody will receive a $250 Amazon gift card.
The other six award winners are
- Kathryn Engwall, a 10th grade teacher with Friendship Academy of Engineering in Baltimore, MD
- Melanie Provence, a 3rd grade teacher at Flour Bluff Elementary School in Corpus Christi, TX
- Leanna McComb, a specialist teacher for grades 7 and 8 at Stevens Middle School in Port Angeles, WA
- Stacey Harris, a kindergarten teacher at Cottonwood Creek Elementary School in Coppell, TX
- Lucy MacGregor, a Prek-K teacher at Rainbow Community School, in Asheville, NC
- Lauri Burton, a kindergarten teacher at Emma Elementary, in Asheville, NC.
Each of these award winners will receive a $50 Amazon gift card.
The S-CCATE measures teacher opinions regarding implementation of mindfulness, compassion, courage, equity, neuroplasticity, and cultural competence. Our aim is to validate this survey so that teachers can include this measure of social-emotional learning as they report annual achievement gains.