The Center for Educational Improvement (CEI) is pleased to release Heart Beaming: Positive Stress Relieving Exercises for Use in the Classroom in PDF format. Written by Dr. Christine Mason, CEI Director, and Karen Lee Banks, M. ED., CEI Research Associate, the document is a free tool teachers can use to help students relieve stress, improve performance, and enhance classroom interactions through song, dance, movement, fun, laughter and positive thinking.
Why Heart Beaming®?
- Heart Beaming is a positive thing for youth and adults to do. It is not expensive. It does not take hours of in-service and preparation to learn to teach. The only equipment required is one’s heart, body, and mind. It can be done anywhere, anytime.
- It is more than reading about change, and it really connects with individuals at a level that is beyond words’”it is one thing to protest, another to role play, and something else to simply sit and project out love.
- From what we know about neuroscience, by heart beaming, and focusing our energies on projecting out love, we are wiring our thoughts for a positive connection with others. By adding the heart-hand component, hands over heart, we have added a kinesthetic experience to the mental projection. By engaging in Heart Beaming, especially with repetition over time, there is a high likelihood that other, less positive thoughts will be replaced with thoughts of love and kindness.
CEI’s Heart Beaming publication can now be ordered in bulk. The publication includes easy-to-follow diagrams and steps for using breath, movement and brief exercises to take ‘mind-breaks’ to promote compassion, student engagement and learning. Heart Beaming works well with morning meetings, and also for brief 3-5 minute stretch breaks.
Pricing below reflects bulk discount pricing for order quantities of 5, 10, 20, or 100.
Contact CEI directly to order other quantities to meet your school or district needs.
Heart Beaming® Certification
CEI also offers Heart Beaming Certification to train teachers in CEI’s Heart Beaming approach.
Level I Heart Beaming Certification is available after a three-hour session and six week practicum for individuals who:
- Have had at least one yoga class
- Can demonstrate five basic yoga postures
- Possess the ability to teach yogic breathing
Training includes special instruction in teaching heart beaming to PreK-12 students. If you have no prior yoga experience, we can arrange prerequisite training. Discounts are available for schools and other educational organizations that arrange for five or more teachers to become certified. For a nominal $10 a year individuals who are certified will receive an annual update on the advances in Heart Beaming. Click here for more information.
Cost: $79 per person with a group discount when you arrange for five or more people to be certified. CEI trainers are available to come to your community. $10 a year for an annual update.
Heart Beaming Regional Leaders
CEI is currently seeking 10 Regional Heart Beaming Leaders. If you have completed at least one yoga class and are interested in helping train teachers in Heart Beaming, contact Dr. Mason (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss expectations.